Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A NEW Year and a NEW Feature!

Throughout the month of January, The Drama King will be asking various esteemed members of the San Diego theatre community to talk about a) what projects (theatrical or otherwise) they are most excited about in 2012 and b) what their resolutions are for the New Year. I’ll be interviewing a wide range of folks from artistic directors to PR mavens to theatre critics to favorite local actors.

To kick things off, yours truly will answer these two questions below and you can get a sneak peek of the style and format of this new feature.


Donnie Matsuda

The Drama King / The San Diego Drama King Blog

http://sandiegodramaking.blogspot.com/


What are you most excited about in 2012?

I’m very much looking forward to Lamb’s Players first production of the year, Guys and Dolls. It is one of my top three favorite musicals of all time and, in my humble opinion, as brilliantly conceived and perfectly constructed as a classic Broadway musical gets. Also excited to see what choreographic creations Benjamin Millepied (of Black Swan fame) has in store for La Jolla Playhouse’s world premiere musical, Hands on a Hardbody, coming this Spring. And, of course, am very happy for hardworking lawyer-turned-musical-writer Jay Kuo, whose World War II internment camp musical Allegiance will debut this Fall at The Old Globe, starring film star George Takei and Tony-award winner Lea Salonga.

What is your resolution for the New Year?

While I’m not one for big, life-altering resolutions, I look to the New Year as a great way to revitalize my spirit and renew my hope for great things in the year ahead. I can already tell that it is going to be a prosperous and productive year! Practically speaking, I do resolve to post to my blog at least three times a week (fingers crossed on that one!).

So, stay tuned to see which San Diego theatres and artists are featured in the weeks ahead!


Photo credit: Daniel Heron

No comments:

Post a Comment